0
Here's my problem:  I have a hard time tracking indulgences.  An indulgence for me is something that I don't know the Points+ value of definitively - it can be dessert or dinner out or anything for that matter.... something I have not prepared but someone else has prepared and the nutrition stats are not available.

Here is why I have this problem: Let's say you go out to dinner and you have a chicken sandwich as part of your entree.  This restaurant doesn't publish their nutrition facts online, so you're left with guesstimating how many Points+ that chicken sandwich was. 

Let me interrupt this regularly scheduled programming with this announcement: When I'm doing something I truly care about, I am a perfectionist.

And now, back your show.

So you go on to E-Tools and you try to figure out what this chicken sandwich cost you.  Was it 10 Points+? Was it 14 Points+?  Ok, it was grilled with cheese.  Was it 17 Points+?  I have no idea!  Aaahhh!  I'm getting so overwhelmed and I want this to be exact!  How could I just say: "Yes, I'll go with 17 even though that's the value for a fast food chicken filet sandwich with cheese, so that might not be correct since it was actually grilled.  But E-Tools doesn't show an option where it's grilled with cheese.  And I don't want to estimate on the high end or I will have no Points+ left the rest of today, but I don't want to estimate on the low end because then I'll over eat." Whoa is me. 

Once in a while I realize that guesstimating is fine.  "Ok, even if I'm off track at this estimate, it's the only indulgence this week so I should be okay."

But what happens when you have several days in a row like this?  You have a work luncheon, then out to dinner with family, then you're going away for the weekend where you'll be eating every meal out. 

What ends up happening for me is I have the mentality that if I cannot do this perfectly, then I'm not going to do it.  And so I just say screw it and I'll start over again tomorrow or next week. 

What do you do in these situations?  Can any one even relate to this or am I a crazy maniac? 

Help me!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Loss Challenges / Weight Watchers by title How Do You Track?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-do-you-track.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo How Do You Track? Updated at : 6:36 AM
Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top