0
Today was my 56th birthday. I sort of felt like a wreck this morning. My injuries from my bike crash last weekend are still plaguing me. My wrist still hurts, my knee is still swollen and feels like a water balloon is attached to it, and to make things worse, I woke up with a sore throat and sneezing today. Happy birthday to me.

We had plans to head up to Mt. Rainier to hike at Sunrise. The cooler was packed with healthy food and the backpacks with hiking supplies. I was very disappointed to tell my husband it probably wasn't a good idea for me to go hiking because I felt like crap. Luckily, I'm married to a very understanding person and what could have been a really rotten birthday turned into a day of fun.

My husband brought me a dozen roses and a cute card with kittens that sang happy birthday with kitties meowing. I'm a cat person so it was very appropriate. He signed it "Love, from all of us!".

We sat around in our bathrobes until noon and then ate one of the healthy sandwiches I'd made for lunch. Flatout bread, hummus, spinach, chicken breast. Yummy!

Dessert was birthday cake of course. When my husband took it out of the box I was really surprised he'd picked out such a great cake. It had whip cream frosting with strawberries mixed into the frosting, and it was coated with white chocolate shavings around the outside edge. I was eager to take pictures, and was snapping away as he took it out of the box, making over what a pretty cake he'd chosen. He couldn't stop laughing, and I couldn't figure out why. Can you see what he thought was so hysterical?


I didn't even notice it said 65! I'm 56, NOT 65! Funny guy.

We decided to go see a movie we'd both had been dying to see and we both loved it! I love Westerns and I love Sci-fi. This was a perfect match! Oh, and now I'm in love with Daniel Craig. I hated him as 007, but he was great in this movie. Super sexy guy.


Then we decided to go for a walk down at the boardwalk at Redondo beach:



 Me...56 years old! (that's my BodyMedia on my left arm).



After walking around for a about an hour we were hungry, so we went here for dinner. Not my picture because I forgot to take one! From their website.

 My dinner...Crab and Shrimp Louie, and a glass of wine (yum..forgot how much I love wine). I only dipped my fork in the wonderful shrimp louie dressing...it was to die for.


On the way back to the car and the sun has gone down.



So overall, it was a pretty great birthday. Being 56 really isn't so bad.

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Another year older...another year better?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/another-year-olderanother-year-better.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Another year older...another year better? Updated at : 11:34 PM
Sunday, August 7, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top