0

I'm baaaccccckkkkk!

(Warning: this is a long one - I didn't intend for this to go on and on but alas, that's what happened... read on if you wish :) )

Hello friends!  I hope you don't think I fell off the wagon, because I didn't!  Here's a little catch up for ya:

Last Wednesday Joel & I finally moved!  Need I explain anymore as to why I've been absent??  :)  Those of you who have moved know how busy your life becomes when an event like this occurs.  

Not only did I move, but I'm still in school and that has also been keeping me extremely busy.  If I wasn't unpacking, then I was doing school work.  If I wasn't doing either of those two during my blogger absence, then I was making a trip to PA for my little cousin's high school graduation party.  I spent less than 24 hours in PA - I had so much to do with unpacking and schoolwork that I could hardly afford any more time away from home.

I finally made it back to work on Tuesday and have been busy at work ever since.  My evenings have been spent hitting the new gym and trying to blow through this school work.  But the fun doesn't stop there folks!  This weekend I'll be making another trip back to the "Motherland" for a wedding, and this time the trip will be 6 hours rather than 4.  *sigh*

ANYHOW, what is this blog supposed to be about?  Oh yeah, my weight loss shenanigans. :)

I knew this move would be tough on the eating habits.  With every move comes eating out - lots and lots of eating out.  You're spending so much time unpacking, there isn't time to hit up the grocery store.  And so Joel and I ate out a LOT over the last several days, and I'm SO happy for that to come to an end!  I finally have my own kitchen again, and I'm looking forward to planning meals again and cooking at home and getting back in to some sort of routine.  I'm craving routine and healthy food ASAP!  I'd like to get some rough meal plan established in the next several days so that come Sunday (when returning from the wedding)  I can get to the grocery store and get some things purchased and made for the work week.

Joel and I got a free 7 day pass to Gold's gym, which is the closest gym to our condo.  I've been there twice so far and I like it.  It's certainly not my cute, personable gym from Maryland where they call you by name, but it will do the job for sure.  There is no shortage of machines and there is a larger variety, which is nice.  Joel is going to start attending regularly now and that is also an added bonus.  

Even though I've been attending a gym regularly since November, I still found myself extremely intimidated when even THINKING about walking in to Gold's.  In fact, I wasn't even pushing the issue with Joel to get there immediately following the move because I was nervous.  Isn't that odd?  I mean, almost every gym has the same basic equipment and layout - it's not like it's a foreign concept to me.  Cardio equipment over there, weights and machines over here.  Bada bing, bada boom - no big deal right?  I developed such a comfortable routine at the MD gym, and I wasn't self conscious when I walked in there, despite all the meat-heads walking around.  But walking in to Gold's, even with Joel by my side, was still, quite frankly, frightening.  The gym is huge, WAY more people attend there, and they're all skinny minnies and I feel that all they look at when they see me is another overweight person who will most likely fail.  :(  They don't know that I've been diligently working out since November!  They just don't know me... 

The first day was hard, and I made it through.  I hopped up on the elliptical, same exact one as I've been using since college and at the MD gym, and got to work - same routine, different location!  I just kept telling myself "Hilary, it's just a different surrounding - you know what you're doing!"  When I went back yesterday, it was a little bit easier - the nerves weren't AS strong as they were the first day.  I hope that as each visit passes, the nerves become less and less until they are nonexistent. 

I have to remember why I'm working out.  It's not just for weight loss, it's to change my life for the better so that I can hopefully have a long and healthy future ahead of me.

Your thoughts?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Exercise / Random Weight Loss Thoughts / Weight Loss by title Why Hello There :). You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/06/why-hello-there.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Why Hello There :) Updated at : 6:47 AM
Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top