0
As you can see, I'm a little behind on the posting :).  Again, please bear with me these next few weeks - my life is consumed by anatomy right now

On Sunday, May 22 I participated in what I think has been my favorite 5K so far!  The Weight Watchers Walk-It Day Challenge took place in College Park, MD at Lake Artemesia.  
so pretty - a perfect 5K around this lake!
What I liked about this 5K was the scenery!  We did 2 laps around the lake as part of the 3.1 miles.

The rest of the 5K took place through woods
The path was perfectly paved and wide enough for people to pass one another.  Also, because this event is related to the eating plan I follow, it made it that much better!  The snacks at the end were calculated with the Points+ values, and they were ALL healthy snacks - no pizza & pop afterward like most of the 5K's I've attended.

The event organizers were also amazing - very encouraging and positive!  There were several of them along the route at various intervals cheering us on.  I also enjoyed the fact that in order to do this challenge, you had to be a WW member.  This made it extra special for me because it felt like you were really doing those 3.1 miles as a team.  Also, everyone there has been through the same struggles I'm going through.  Having Weight Watchers be the commonality between all of us was absolutely perfect - no one was looking down upon the next person for not being as fit or fast as they are.  In other 5K's I've done, people are strutting around in their skimpy running gear and everyone seems to be trying to outdo the next person.  I <3 Weight Watchers members!

I was also happy with myself because I think this was the most distance I've jogged during a 5K.  I have no real way of knowing that for certain, but I felt really strong that day and I felt like the running was easy for me and it was not hard for me to keep going.  That almost NEVER happens.

At the finish line they greeted you with what was my very first race medal! *Tear*
That made my day!  It was as though I was being rewarded not just for completing this 5K, but for all the others I've done over the last few weeks.  Also, at the finish line they gave us a bag of WW friendly treats.  After everyone finished the walk, they gave away 50 prizes - I was so close 2 times!  They called numbers 301 and 303 :(!

Oh, and we got this AWESOME shirt for signing up for the walk:
This is blurry because I didn't want someone to walk in and see me doing a self-photo shoot!  But, that t-shirt I'm wearing is that silky, moisture wicking material.  It's SOOOOO nice!  I've never owned a shirt like this before and it is now my favorite exercise shirt.  I never understood the thrill with this type of athletic clothing because I really felt like my cotton t-shirts did the job just fine.  But man, these shirts suck the sweat away from your body and then you don't feel so disgusting! 

If you're a WW member, I would highly recommend doing this walk next year!  Ours was so well put together and I just loved all the people who participated.

My next and final 5K is this Saturday on the National Mall in Washington, DC.  It is the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure.  I'm kind of excited that this will be the last 5K for awhile.  I'm not currently committed to any others as of yet, but I'm going to hold off for the month of June until after we get moved and I'm done with this hell... or, I mean, school!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 5K / Success / Weight Watchers Walk-It Day Challenge by title Weight Watchers Walk-It Day Challenge. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/06/weight-watchers-walk-it-day-challenge.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weight Watchers Walk-It Day Challenge Updated at : 4:29 AM
Friday, June 3, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top