0
Since Joel and I are moving in 11 days (yay!), we're trying HARD to eat up a lot of our food.  I had some rolled oats left over from the first time I made this oatmeal months ago, so I decided to use them up this week and make it again.

The oatmeal is adapted from Marlene Koch's Eat What You Love and is called Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal:

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal (7 Points+)
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. rolled oats
  • 1 c. water (you made need more depending on your box's cooking instructions - read those instead)
  • 2 packets of sweetener of your choice (I only used 1 packet of Sweet 'n Low this time)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp table salt
Optional Ingredients:
  • raisins
  • banana
Instructions:
Cook oats according to package directions.  Once cooked, mix in remaining ingredients. 


I also added raisins and a banana to mine, which made it delicious and very filling for me.

I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!  I'm spending mine studying at Starbucks and hopefully getting a chance to enjoy some of this amazing weather we're having in Maryland - no humidity for the weekend after a week of upper 90-degree weather with a heat index of over 100!

I haven't decided what I'll be making this week for breakfast and lunch.  Do you plan your work-week meals?   
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Eat What You Love / Weight Watcher Recipes by title Eat What You Love: Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/06/eat-what-you-love-cinnamon-roll-oatmeal.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Eat What You Love: Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Updated at : 12:06 PM
Saturday, June 4, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top