0
On Saturday, May 16 I participated in the 16th Annual Civista Run/Walk for Wellness 5K.  Civista is one of the local hospitals around here. 

I planned to walk this entire 5K again because of the back pain I've been experiencing.  However, once the race started and the adrenaline started pumping, I had to take off!  I jogged and walked off and on throughout the entire race.   

I was happy that the organizers of this race chose a different route through the town than I was previously used to doing.  The March of Dimes walk and the Charles County Walk for the Homeless that I did 2 years ago used the same route.  Admittedly, it gets boring doing the same route and knowing what to expect.  Even though I jogged at various points during the race, my back never really bothered me and I was so happy about that.  I hope this back issue starts to dissipate because I haven't been pushing myself at the gym for fear of injuring myself further. 
crossing the finish line!
 I was also pleasantly surprised to find Joel waiting at the finish line!  I've been doing all these 5K's alone.  It sucks, especially whenever you see other groups of people clustered together before/after the race.  It's awkward just standing around by yourself.  That's why it was so nice to finish and see a familiar face, especially Joel's :).
very sweaty and hungry.
I've done four 5K's so far and I would do them all again next year if the opportunity arises!  I have three left as of right now and don't plan to do anymore until I move and class is over.  This weekend is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Great Strides 5K (Saturday) and the Weight Watcher's Walk-it Challenge 5K on Sunday.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 5K by title The 16th Annual Civista Run/Walk for Wellness 5K. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/05/the-16th-annual-civista-runwalk-for.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo The 16th Annual Civista Run/Walk for Wellness 5K Updated at : 8:48 AM
Thursday, May 19, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top