0
To continue on with cooking my way through all of my cookbooks, the next meal I made came from Marlene Koch's Eat What You Love.  I first learned about Marelene through my beloved QVC.  This was a very easy dish and my first attempt at making homemade alfredo sauce... not too shabby!



Courtesy.
Corkscrew Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo - 7 PointsPlus
Makes 6 servings    Serving Size = 1 1/2 cups
  • 8 ounces (3 cups dry) bowtie pasta (I used Barilla Plus Farfalle)
  • 5 cups broccoli florets
  • 1 cup low-fat milk (I used skim)
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup light cream cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
Preparation
1.  Cook the pasta according to the package directions while preparing the sauce, and set aside.
2.  Place the broccoli in a large microwave safe dish. Add 3 tablespoons of water, cover, and microwave for 4 minutes, or until crisp tender.
3.  In a medium saucepan, whisk the milk and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk in the broth and place over low heat. Add the cream cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the Parmesan and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until sauce is smooth.
4.  Toss the cooked pasta, broccoli, and chicken together in a large serving dish. Pour the sauce on top, and toss gently to combine.



The results:
This dish was quite tasty right after I made it.  It did require some salt to give it more flavor but all in all not bad.  When I make this dish again, I would recommend doing the following... First, because I failed to read the recipe ahead of time, I just went ahead and cooked the broccoli according to the directions.  I would suggest cooking the broccoli how you like it cooked - I would choose steamed (in a steamer basket on the stove) or roasted next time.  Also, for the chicken, I simply cooked 3 chicken breasts in the skillet on the stove with only salt/pepper as seasoning.  Again, I would add some spices to the chicken next time to give it more flavor.

I brought this in my lunch today for work and it definitely needed salt for more flavor.  Also, since I know I'll be eating this a few more times this week, I would add additional parm to it for some added taste.  I think there must be a recurring theme here: more flavor, more flavor, more flavor.  Don't get me wrong - I thought this was a very filling and tasty dish, and I will definitely make it again no doubt.  Still, next time I will make the modifications identifed above and I think it would be a true hit!

Do you have a healthy recipe for chicken/broc/alfredo??  
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Recipes by title Corkscrew Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/corkscrew-chicken-and-broccoli-alfredo.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Corkscrew Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Updated at : 9:27 AM
Monday, April 11, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top