0

Howdy friends! Can you believe it’s already Sunday evening?!?! Hope everyone made the best of their weekend! Mine was great!

Saturday morning I was up before 6am for some reason! The positive? I got lots done before 8am! Breakfast was 2 eggs with 2 slices of toast for 5 points. I love to dip my toast in the yolk! What’s your egg preference?DSC09037

Kyle and I hit up the grocery store to stock up for the week! The majority of the rest of my day was spent the in the kitchen! I cleaned, chopped, peeled, cut, etc our foods for the week! I also made a big pot of soup! More on that another day!

Lunch was quick in between everything! I had 2 oz whole wheat pasta, 1/2c marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese for 5 points. DSC09038

We spent the afternoon cheering on the Hawkeyes to another win! Woo hoo!!!

I was anxious for our evening, we had dinner guests! :) I made creamy baked chicken, roasted carrots & potatoes, and had pineapple on the side. My servings totaled 7 points. DSC09039 DSC09040

We can’t forget desert! I made mint brownie ice cream bars, 4 points/serving.DSC09041

This was a recipe from one of my many WW cookbooks!

  • 1 13.7 ounce package of ff fudge brownie mix
  • 2/3 c vanilla low fat yogurt
  • 3 cups vanilla low fat ice cream, softened
  • 1 t peppermint extract
  • 18 chocolate thin mints, chopped
  • 2 T chocolate syrup

Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions, using 2/3c yogurt. Bake in foil lined 8X8 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 34 minutes. Cool completely. Combine ice cream and mint extract, stir well. Spread evenly over brownies. Cover & freeze for 8 hours or until firm. Sprinkle chopped mints over ice cream. Cut into squares; drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving. Yields 12 servings.

We spent the evening watching the #1 team get upset and talking all things pregnancy & baby, they are 9 weeks pregnant! Too fun! :)

Sunday we went to church, had lunch w/Kyle’s family, napped, I got a 2 mile run in, and we caught up on house stuff! An over great day!

I don’t have my usual food pics for the day, but I do have this one! I picked up a fall wreath for our door! DSC09055

That’s all for me friends! How was your weekend? What was the highlight?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Wonderful Weekend. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/10/wonderful-weekend.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Wonderful Weekend Updated at : 6:02 PM
Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top