0
I had another sad little loss today. I weighed in at 162.8 for a loss of 0.8 pounds. Seriously. That is pathetic.

I counted Points for all of two days, last Saturday and Sunday. I tried the rest of the week but I hate it. Really, really hate it.

It's time for something different. What I'm doing isn't working for weight loss. It's great for maintenance, but I'm NOT at goal.

My new plan is eating Filling Foods. My Weight Watcher leader has been suggested this to me for months, but I shudder at the thought of not counting Points. However, that's what I'm doing now, I am NOT counting Points. I eat mostly filling foods anyway, so it won't be that different. Today is day one of eating filling foods. Kind of scary to not even try to count Points.

The gym has also lost it's charm. I still go almost every day, but I'm going because I have to, not because I want to go. A friend sent me a groupon link for a month of bootcamp for $39 (usually $247). Yes, that's a savings of 208. How could I refuse. I signed up and start on Monday morning. Each week I can attend as many boot camp classes as I can handle. I'll see how it goes. My plan is four boot camp classes a week and two gym visits.

I watched the video on the bootcamp website, and I'm just a tiny bit concerned. It looks really difficult. I've done bootcamp classes before, but never at a bootcamp fitness center. I hope I'm as strong as I think I am, but I could be wrong. At least it sounds interesting and a real challenge. If I make a fool of myself, well, it certainly won't be the first time. :)

It's an absolutely spectacularly beautiful day here in Seattle. Not a cloud in the sky. Sometimes I think because we become so accustomed to the dark, gray, rainy days, that when the sun shines, the colors are even more vivid than normal. Pictures tomorrow, I promise.

My mother-in-law and her husband are in town for the weekend, on their way to Alaska for the summer. We're spending the day with them in downtown Seattle, Archie McPhee's Novelty Shop (mother-in-law's idea), Pike Place Market for salmon throwing, and somewhere for a seafood dinner. It should be fun. I love my in-laws, they're actually a blast to hang out with (and they like me!). I'd be friends with them even if I wasn't married to their son.

Have a great weekend!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title If what you're doing isn't working, try something else. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-what-you-doing-isn-working-try.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo If what you're doing isn't working, try something else Updated at : 8:38 AM
Saturday, June 5, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top