0
Yesterday MizFit left me a comment that she couldn't say much about bread because she was GF. I was puzzled. What did GF mean? GirlFriend? GoFer? Oh, I get it! Bread, Gluten-Free. I know several people that have a problem with gluten and are GF.

Saying I'm SF should be acceptable, meaning I'm sugar-free. I've started telling this to my coworkers as they offer me candy, cookies, and other sweet treats on an almost daily basis.

I've always refused them in the past by saying I'm trying to lose weight, but they'd push me and say you can have just one. Come on, just one. I'd still say no, but we'd always have this same stupid conversation. Now I'm telling them I "can't" eat sugar.

When they start questioning me (they're all very thin and healthy), I tell them it's kind of like my peanut allergy. They understand the peanut allergy, how I break out in hives and can't breathe, but they can't grasp my problem with sugar. They can eat 1/4 of a Krispy Kreme maple bar and be fine with it. One of them did that last week, I mean, who eats 1/4 of of a doughnut? None of them actually eat a whole doughnut.

I do eat fruit, even though it has fructose, a natural sugar, it's a slower release into the bloodstream because of the fiber in the fruit. It also has a lot of vitamins and nutrients. I've limited my fruit intake to two or three servings a day. I was eating five or six servings a day. That was definitely too much of a good thing, and I think it contributed to my cravings.

Letting go of sugar has been a miracle for me. The food cravings are gone. I've noticed the biggest changes in the evenings. I don't go on a food scavenger hunt every night in the kitchen, looking for something to feed my cravings. I eat dinner, and then I'm done.

If I'd only known about this forty years ago I think my life would have been a lot calmer, I wouldn't have lost and gained hundreds of pounds over the years. I wouldn't have lived in a constant frantic state of "I've got to lose weight!". I would have been "normal".

If you suffer from cravings and night binging, you should try going completely sugar free. Just for one week to see if you notice any changes. I noticed big changes in just a few days, although those first few days were hell. It gets better as more time passes being SF.

Be sure to read the labels on everything, especially Weight Watcher products. Their snack bars are the worst, the ones that taste like little cookies. The main ingredient is sugar, the second ingredient is corn syrup. Seriously Weight Watchers, what are you thinking selling these products to people trying to lose weight? Shame on you!

If you're telling yourself this would be impossible, you can't live without sugar, think again. I had the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know.

I could eat an entire cake or an entire batch of chocolate chip cookie dough in one sitting. I know all about not being able to live without sugar. I know it's draw, it's attraction, it's soothing sweetness. I also know the insane, out-of-control cravings it causes. The wanting more and more sugar. For me, it's a serious addiction.

You can do anything you set your mind to, and you can live without added sugar in your diet. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can live sugar free.

Great article
I haven't read the entire article yet, but it looks really good. It's about re-gaining weight, something we can all relate to. Check it out - When Fat Comes Back, March 2010 Women's Health.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Living SF. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/04/living-sf.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Living SF Updated at : 4:32 AM
Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top