0
No snowshoeing pictures. By the time I got going it was almost 1 p.m. It's really not worth an hour drive to Mt. Rainier and only have a couple hours there before we have to head home. My fault. I decided to wash my car "quickly" which turned into a two-hour detailing job. I love a clean car.

Instead we drove about ten minutes down to the beach at Dash Point Park in Federal Way. It was a spectacular day, with the high about 60 degrees. There are also some really cool trails in the hills around the beach. It's a gorgeous park that's close to our house. The tide was out so we spent a lot of time walking out to the water, then hiked a couple trails, one was practically up a mountain.

When we arrived I was a little bothered by all the people. I hate crowds.


Once we walked out closer to the water, it was like we were totally alone.


I thought this was so pretty where the tide was out. Sea grass?


Closeup. Isn't it artsy looking?


The killer trail.


A giant holly tree.


The view from the top of the trail.


Sand dollars. There were thousands of them. My husband told me he thought they were dead so I picked up a couple of them and put them in my pocket to take home. Then I started looking at them and they had little furry hairs on the underside. I told my husband I was pretty sure they were alive so I put them back, and tried not to walk on any of them. That was hard to do because they were everywhere.

When we got home I googled them. They were indeed alive. That's why they were half buried in the sand. They were feeding! There were all sizes, from tiny baby ones the size of a dime, to giant ones that were about four inches in diameter. Very cool.


Mt. Rainier, taken on the way home, about two miles from our house.


On the home we stopped at a little place called Brown Point Diner. I ordered the maple marinated chicken, pear, pecans and blue cheese crumbles salad, served with a maple vinegarette. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven (or maybe I was starving). It was so good! I ate half of the salad and about 1/4 of the delicious vinegarette. I took the other half home (which I ate it later in the evening).


It was a very fun afternoon, but I was kind of sorry we didn't get up to the mountain for snowshoeing. Maybe next weekend.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Saturday in pictures. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/03/saturday-in-pictures.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Saturday in pictures Updated at : 10:02 PM
Saturday, March 6, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top