0
It turns out I kind of hate Kundalini Yoga. This is what I hate: the chanting words that I don't know what they mean and I can't pronounce. The weird poses that hurt my ankle bones. The breathing. Oh my God!...the breathing by protruding my belly button when I breathe out makes me light headed dizzy. I hate all of it.

At first it seemed kind of nice. It seemed comforting, relaxing in the yoga studio. The lights were dimmed, the soft Indian music, everyone spoke in whispers. We had a really pretty lady Indian yoga instructor. Then she told us to close our eyes and she started the chanting thing.

She'd given us a paper with the mantra. I couldn't prounce the words. I couldn't get down the sing-song chanting thing she was doing. It felt weird and uncomfortable. I kept wondering what the words meant.

AD GURAY NAMEH, JUGAD GURAY NAMEH,
SAT GURAY NAMEH, SIRI GURU DEVAY NAMEH

I looked it on Google. The above mantra means:

This is the Mangala Charn Mantra, and is chanted for protection. It surroundsthe magnetic field with protective light, and means "I bow to the primal Guru (guiding consciousness who takes us to God-Realization), I bow to wisdom through the ages, I bow to True Wisdom, I bow to the great, unseen wisdom."

This just isn't for me. I have three more classes but I have no interest in going. It seems like a total waste of time.

I've tried the hot yoga, you might remember my post on that one. I'd rather have my eyes poked out with a hot stick than go through that torture again.

The only thing left to try is good old Hatha Yoga. There's a cute little studio down the street from where I live. They have a good reputation so I think I'll give them a try. I don't consider yoga exercise. I think of it more of as mental calming and relaxation. I could use some of that in my life so I'm willing to give it one last try. It can't be any worse than the last two yogas I've tried.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Kundalini Yoga...no thanks. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/01/kundalini-yogano-thanks.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Kundalini Yoga...no thanks Updated at : 12:47 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top