0

My Saturday and Sunday were so far from perfect that it was almost a joke. I tried, kind of, but not really. My heart wasn't into this whole healthy lifestyle thing. I could feel myself yearning for the old days of not caring what I ate or what I looked like or even what I felt like. I just plain didn't care...for two days. Those two days were both 40+ Point days.

Then the TLC documentaries on the super obese were on TV on Sunday night. Wow, that was a dose of reality that I needed. It was like getting hit over the head with a hammer. A hey you, stupid, wake the hell up. You're watching yourself on TV. Everything they were saying, I've felt. The hopelessness, the helplessness, the depression over my weight, the pain, the sadness, and of course, the shame.

Monday morning I woke up with a whole new attitude. It's an "I'm going to win!" attitude. A "this will not defeat me" attitude. I will not fall into old bad habits and my old lifestyle. I'm a vibrant, young, alive, and healthy woman (okay, I'm taking liberties on the young, young for a 54-year old!). I have a good life. I don't want to ruin it with obesity. Been there, done that, and it sucked big time.

Yesterday I changed all my sticky notes to 150 and the date 10-31-09. It was 152 and 10-09-09, but since we have an extra three weeks I changed my weight goal to 150. I know I'm going to make this goal. In my best Scarlett O'Hara voice..."As God is my witness, I will make 150 by October 31, 2009!"

Points
Some people think maybe I'm not eating enough with only 19 Points a day. All I can say is, oh honey, I'm eating more than enough! Take a look at that picture at the top, notice I'm -29.5 Points and it was only day three of my Weight Watcher week! Freak!

I think I may have figured out how to fix that giant Point deficit and pull myself out of the hole this week. I worked out like a crazy woman yesterday. I was on fire at the gym. Thirty minutes stair climber, and I started at level 7 and ended at level 9 on the Speed course. Then 30 minutes on the Crosstrainer. Add in 45 minutes of strength and my heart rate monitor said I burned 595 calories! Weight Watchers only counts it as 7 Activity Points, but that put me only -22.5 Points. If I work out like that every day, I can break even by Friday. I'm going to give it my best shot.

Best part of my workout was that I was able to do 8 reps of concentrated bicep curls using 25-pound dumbbells. I've been doing three sets of 12 with 20-pounds and it was starting to feel easy. So I tried one set with 25 pounds. Extremely hard but I did it! Plus I saw the guys looking at me. I'm sure they're trying to figure out how this old lady is lifting 25-pound dumbbells. Let me tell you, months and months of hard work.

Music
Ida asked me what music I listen to when I work out. It's almost a little embarrassing to post this because I have the music taste of a 13-year old, but this is what's on my iPod this month. I add new tunes every few weeks.

Sept 2009 playlist for working out:

Knock you Down, Keri Helison, Kanye West & Ne-Yo <---warmup song
I Gotta Feeling, Black Eyed Peas
Party in the U.S.A, Miley Cyrus
Fire Burning, Sean Kingston
Down, Jay Sean featuring Lil Wayne
Right Round, Flo Rida
Use Somebody, Kings of Leon
Love Drunk, Boys Like Girls
Good Girls Go Bad, Cobra Starship <---I play this one over and over
If Today Was Your Last Day, Nickleback
Poker Face, Lady GaGa <--- I removed this because I was sick to death of it. Then I missed it so added it back in :)
Low, Flo Rida featuring T-Pain
I'm in Seatle Trick, LMFAO
In the Ayer, Flo Rida <--- old one, from last year I think, but I love to do cardio to it
Sugar, Flo Rida <--- another oldie but goodie. Apparently I'm a huge Flo Rida fan. Who would have guessed?
Come to Me, Diddy <--- old
Last Night, Diddy <---old
Halo, Beyonce
Missing You, Allison Kraus & John Waite <--- good cooldown song
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Day 11: Back in the game!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-11-back-in-game.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Day 11: Back in the game! Updated at : 4:00 AM
Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post a Comment

 
Top