0

Hey everyone!!

Wow…I can’t believe June is gone!!! Things in my house have been SO crazy!! But it’s been a great start to summer so far!!

Here is a quick re-cap of my past 3 weeks!!

  • Kyle and I went to see Coldplay for his birthday…check out the post here.
  • Kyle’s sister got married in Chicago…check out the picture HEAVY post here!
  • I maintained my WW goal weight for 6 weeks and just yesterday (6/30/09) became a lifetime WW member!!
    • Side note: I think I would still like to lose about 5 lbs more, but I really wanted to go to WW for free so I set my goal weight higher for that. I know it’s a little sly, but hey this girl’s on a budget!!! :p
  • Our director at work left and someone within was promoted and another person is leaving so we have to hire 2 new staff members…and there are only 4 in our office when we are full staff….so I said all that to say this…WORK IS NUTS!!!
  • And finally read below to see the re-cap from the 2nd 5K race that Kyle and I ran!
  • We are still training for the 1/2 marathon in October. All this running is really starting to take up my time, but I think both of us are really enjoying it!

Saturday the 27th of June, Kyle and I ran our 2nd race in Pocahontas, Kyle’s hometown! It was to support Congenital Heart Disease. There were only about 140 runners and/or walkers…much less compared to our first race in Des Moines!!

Abby, Kyle, and I stayed at Mom & Dad B’s house Friday night to get a few extra zzzz’s!

Pre-RaceDSC03701 

Mom B rode her bike along the route cheering us on and got some great action shots!DSC03702 DSC03703

Kyle ran ahead on the last mile or so and got a great time!DSC03704

Here I am finishing a few minutes later! DSC03705  

Re-fueling after the race!DSC03706 

Not quite ready for this one…but a good one to show my new Iowa Hawkeye running gear and Kyle’s new under armour gear!!! I <3 it!!!DSC03707 DSC03708   

Everyone who ran and/or walkedDSC03712 

Kyle got 1st place in his age division and cut almost 3 minutes off his time from our first 5K!! Great job honey!!DSC037141 

Grandpa and Grandma DeWall even sat out on the route and cheered us on as we rounded the 2 mile corner!!DSC03715 

Mom and Dad B were there to support us too!! Meant a lot to have you guys there….THANK YOU!!! :)DSC03716

We haven’t schedule any more races until October when we run our half-marathon! But there will be lots of running done from now until then!

PS I hope to blog a little more than every 3 weeks!! :p

Oh and you guys are just too sweet…I loved all your concerned comments!! So sweet!!! :)

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title I’m Still Alive….and I’m a Lifetimer!!!!!!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2009/07/im-still-aliveand-im-lifetimer.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo I’m Still Alive….and I’m a Lifetimer!!!!!! Updated at : 8:56 PM
Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Post a Comment

 
Top