0

Well blogger buddies Monday is behind us and we are well on our way to Friday!

Monday morning I got up and hit the gym before work for a 30 minute run. About 4-5 minutes of that was walking and I finally got in a full 5K! Now my goal is to shoot for running a full 5K with no walking. I am pretty sure I can do it!

After my workout I had breakfast consisting of oatmeal w/blueberries and a sliced apple for 3 points. DSC02200 

Around noon I had my morning snack (late I know!) – ww strawberry yogurt with 1/4 c grape nuts for 2 points.

DSC02201 

I took a later lunch on Monday so I was glad that I had my morning snack late too! I made a VERY filling lunch…so filling that I couldn’t eat it all and brought it back to work to munch on throughout the afternoon. I had a ham, turkey, & cheese wrap, 1 sliced cucumber w/ff ranch, 1 c cantaloupe, and 1/2 c cottage cheese for 7 points.

DSC02202

After work I was hoping to get my supper in early because I had a home party to go to, but didn’t quite turn out that way. Time got away from me and I planned to run to my friend’s apartment that was hosting the party.  But I think I was ok because of my oh so filling lunch! So around a little before 6 I started out on what I had planned on to be a 2.7 mile run to her place. Well things changed a tad…hold on ‘cause this could be a long story!

So I started out and happen to notice that this one car had went by me numerous times in a few different directions. I didn’t think much of it at first and after about mile 1 I took an un-planned turn and took a one way street to see if this car would go that way too. Well they did…and went by almost 7 more times! And yep I said one way….they had to turn around and come back up from behind me. So I decided to stop running, take my head phones off, and called DH while just walking along. Well he was working and wasn’t free. I was hoping that if I was on the phone they would go away. I got a hold of my neighbor and he happened to be out driving close to where I was and insisted on coming to get me. In our 5 minute phone conversation this car drove by at least 4-5 more times before my neighbor got to me. So in the end I was really glad that my neighbor came and got me and took me to my friend’s apartment. I think the car saw me get into my neighbor’s truck and took a screeching turn in the opposite direction!

I have never felt like that before while out. But also I usually don’t run in that direction. But still it was a nice residential neighborhood and it was 6 o’clock in the evening, bright and lots of cars driving around. Part of me wonders what would have happened if I would have kept running…if they were just bored and it was a COMPLETE coincidence that they went by so many times or if they were looking for trouble. But I’m glad I didn’t stick around to find out! Wow! That got my heart rate up! But I still got in at least 18 minutes of running/walking.

The party was fun. Ordered a diffuser…those things that smell good! And I think I might host a show…it was for PartyLite. And of course my friend hosting the party had snacks. I am going to estimate that I had 6 points worth of snacking while at her place. (jelly beans, snack mix, and a new cheerio cheddar snack mix thing)

Another friend brought me home and I quickly fired up the grill for supper, it was after 8pm already! I had a grilled teriyaki chicken sandwich with cheese and an orange for 6 points. The chicken was good…I’m so ready for summer and grilling season!

DSC02203

Now it’s Tuesday and my home scale is WAY up…163! I am so nervous for weigh in tonight. I am going to take off a few hours early of work and get in another work out….I know I will probably gain…but man I don’t want to gain 3 lbs!!!!!!!!!! Shheeesh

MONDAY’S STATS

POINTS = 24

WATER = 126 oz

EXERCISE = 30 min run and 18 min run/walk

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Day 146 (Monday 3/31). You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2009/03/day-146-monday-331.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Day 146 (Monday 3/31) Updated at : 12:01 PM
Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Post a Comment

 
Top